Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I love to see the temple...

...I'm going there someday...

We accomplished our monthly temple visit in January.  I wasn't sure how it would go having to watch all 5 of them, but they were good.  Alex and I take turns going in to do temple work since the kids are not allowed inside.  It helps to have beautiful weather, to be able to sit in the car and watch a video or walk around the temple grounds.  This was a special visit, since it was Savannah's first time to the temple.  I feel like we make a pretty big sacrifice to go once a month, but I also know we have been blessed by our commitment and effort to go.   

The kids probably won't remember much about these visits, but I think they will remember that we went to the temple often.  I hope they will know how important the temple is to us.  The things that take place in the temple are what allow our family to be together as a family forever, even after we die.  That brings me peace and comfort.  I am also grateful for the opportunity to do work for those who have already passed on and were unable to do their own ordinances.  (Whether they accept that work on their behalf is up to them...)  We hope to be able to prepare more family names to take to the temple and get their work done.  The temple is a place of peace and hope and being able to feel close to the Lord.  We have received answers to prayers, direction, and lots of peace and comfort while in the temple.  I don't always have a spiritual experience when I'm there, but I always feel good about doing something for someone that they couldn't do for themselves. It's a beautiful thing.  For those of you that can go now, I say GO and GO OFTEN.  Take the kids with you.  For those of you not quite ready, prepare yourself to be able to go.  It's worth it!   


No comments: