Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Easter

I had to prepare Nathan's Easter package in February so it could be sent out in time for the March delivery.  The delivery goes to the mission office in Quito, so it turns out Nathan hasn't gotten it yet.  He made a trip to Quito for a meeting right before Easter, but he didn't have a chance to pick up the package.  Maybe he'll get it sometime... I made another scripture hunt for him and his companion and sent a little bit of candy.  

The kids had Easter baskets waiting for them when we got back from our spring break trip.  The boys got matching ties.  Savannah got some hair clips.  They all got their own set of house and garage keys, candy and snacks, a Blenders gift card, and a framed picture of Jesus.  

We never got a chance to decorate eggs this year, but had donuts, scrambled eggs, and fruit for breakfast.  We did a large dinner feast with friends again this year.  I think we had 21 people there.  I made rolls and potato casserole.  The kids decorated the traditional bunny cake.  We did our 2nd annual reading and singing of the Easter story (similar to our Christmas devotional).  The other special thing about the day was singing with the choir and listening to Owen give a talk in church.  He spoke about Jesus' resurrection and what it means that He lives.  He used the words from the hymn I Know that My Redeemer Lives and shared a few personal stories.  (Maybe I can round up a copy of his talk soon.)  It was a highlight of my day.  I also love that Owen's friend Ollie was in attendance - cool to have a good friend there to support Owen. 

We also took family pictures.  You would think it would get easier as the kids get older, but they're still pretty silly!







No comments: