Monday, April 8, 2024

Surprise Party!

Right after the youth temple trip, I headed to LAX to catch a flight to Texas for my dad's 70th birthday party. Audrey picked me up from the airport and we headed over to my parents' house.  It was a surprise party for my dad, so they had arranged for him to be gone most of the afternoon.  My mom, Carrie, Audrey, Ashley, and Alison had nearly everything ready to go by the time I got there.  We were waiting there when my dad arrived.  He was really surprised to see us, since he had no idea about the party AND it wasn't the weekend of his birthday.  Other friends shortly arrived, and we had a nice dinner party.  Audrey put together a video highlighting my dad's life, along with messages from each of the grandkids at the end.  Here are the messages from my kids.  We had a fun time, and it was great to be together with all my siblings.



This link might work for the full video.







We had a superbowl party at Sam and Audrey's house on Sunday evening.  Somehow I only took a picture of the food and Mama Kelce's cookies that night.  Audrey put together a Taylor Swift game / questionnaire, which was fun to do while watching the game. 

I headed back home on Monday afternoon (arrived Saturday afternoon), so it was a short trip, but well worth it! 



No comments: