Monday, November 7, 2011

raspberries and virtual birthday parties



I got to watch my nephew Dallin's birthday party on-line last night.  It was his 1st birthday and also a special gender reveal party for my sister Alison's 2nd baby.  They had the ultrasound technician put the gender in an envelope, and then they gave that to a friend who made filled cupcakes for Alison and Micah with either raspberries or blueberries.  Dallin got to dig into the cupcake to reveal whether he was getting a sister or brother.  There were raspberries in the middle - another girl!  We're all very excited because there is only one girl out of 10 amongst my siblings.  Hailey will finally have a girl cousin.  So fun!

The downside of these on-line birthday parties is not being able to eat any of the cupcakes!  Owen was pretty disappointed he couldn't have a cupcake.  "I want one Mama!"  Good thing we still have plenty of halloween sweets around, right?  Well, maybe not so much.