Monday, June 15, 2015

若令努 誕生日 - Jared's birthday

Jared wanted french toast, eggs, and bacon for breakfast.  He wanted lasagna and rolls for dinner.  I didn't do a cake on his actual birthday, because I did one for his party later.  But our home teacher brought over a giant cake for Jared the day before his birthday.  (We gave half of it away, because we would not have finished it.)  


This was a friend party year for Jared, so we did a ninja themed party.  We invited 12 boys - 10 of them were able to come, so we had 14 boys and 1 girl (Savannah) running around our home!  




I made headbands for everyone - with their names ironed on in Japanese kanji.  Hopefully they're right - I wouldn't know if they said something different!  The poster above says, "Jared ninja party" and the target says "Ninja warrior".  The rubber ninja stars I ordered didn't work on the styrofoam target, but it was a cute decoration.

I saw some cute rice krispie "sushi" on pinterest, but it seemed like too much work for them to not even know what it was supposed to be.  (My kids have never had sushi.)  Instead, I did rice krispie squares with sprinkles (to look like dirty rice), jelly beans, and chex muddy buddies (to resemble meat).  I put those in take-out boxes that say "thank you" in the Japanese characters.


Jared specifically wanted a green ninja cake, so I did that, along with some black ninja cupcakes.  


We had grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, and fruit for dinner.  They played one game that I planned (trying to knock their opponent off the line).  I think they were making up their own games too.  The rest of the time they played capture the flag and ran around like ninjas!


Jared had a good time - It was a success!  

No comments: