Friday, August 21, 2015

On the road again...

TX and OK bound this summer... we made the drive again.  We parted with Alex in Kingman, AZ.  He went on to work in NM for 2 weeks.  I drove with the kids to Phoenix and stayed there 2 nights, until we could pick up my dad from the airport.  My parents had a layover in Phoenix on their way home from UT, so my dad got off there so he could drive with us to TX.  

It was great to spend time with my parents and GG again.  GG is hanging in there - seems to be in good spirits despite her health.


We missed Alex for Father's Day, but I got to celebrate Father's Day with my dad this year.  Audrey and Sam came for dinner and dessert too.  It was fun to celebrate with these two great dads.  My mom made cherry pie for my dad and chocolate cake for Sam.  They shared a little bit with us... :)   

Audrey and I picked out a raft for floating the river for a Father's Day gift.  We put it to good use later in the week.    


I love seeing Weston and Eli playing together.

Audrey did a fun thing with cups for the kids singing time at church.  Our boys enjoyed doing it too.  We love to sing!


Games, air hockey, pool, and movies

We had fun making pizza on french bread.  It was a little soft in the middle though, so we didn't enjoy the eating as much as making it.  My dad even had a bit of trouble with a few bites.  We all got a kick out of Weston coming by and finishing what Papa couldn't eat! (There's not a lot of things that Papa won't eat.)


The kids enjoyed the pool nearly every day.  I tried my best to have fun, while trying to make sure Savannah and Weston didn't drown.  Swimming is not very relaxing with little ones, especially when they don't want to wear floaties or be held... Savie did decide we could help her eventually.  

They like to wear goggles!

Putting the river raft to good use...  Weston liked sitting in the cooler portion.  


Some outings...

(My parents took the kids to the zoo while I went to the temple one day.)  Weston was in heaven when he got to pet the piggies - highlight of his trip!



We also got to see pigs at a friend of my parents.  These ones were covered in gooey mud and wouldn't let you pet them.  They got pretty close to Weston once, but mostly they kept their distance.

We also got to hold a rooster.  I actually had never held chickens before either, so it was a new experience for all of us.


Savannah was the only one who didn't have a cowboy hat yet, so she got a pink one at the Riverfest.  Weston also seemed to weasel his way into getting a new black "baddie" (bad cowboy) hat too.  


Alex joined us for half a day before we drove to OK.  

One last trip to Sonic... we were pretty worn out by then.  

Thanks Baba, Papa, and GG - glad to see you!

No comments: