Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Big girl Savannah

This was the day that Savannah got her new doll for being potty-trained!  She was very excited for her new doll to love, but I was more excited than her, because this marks the end of a season.  After changing diapers for nearly 12 years, we are finally done!  Although I wouldn't consider her a baby, this was the last of the baby things left to give up.  No more babies in our house - just a bunch of baby dolls!   


We attempted to potty train her back in August, but she didn't really catch on.  I decided not to push it and let it go for a while.  She really liked wearing big girl panties, but she couldn't figure out the concept of peeing in the potty.  She was very independent about changing when she was wet or dirty.  She knew when she needed to change.  There were a few times when I didn't know she had made a mess somewhere.  It was Weston who alerted me to the puddle or mess on the floor... She had already taken it upon herself to get dry underwear on.  I got tired of cleaning up messes, so we went back to diapers.  

Then, near the beginning of November, she decided to wear panties again one day.  I let her wear them, not thinking about potty-training.  But she just seemed to get it.  She decided to use the potty and only had a couple of accidents.  And just like that, she was potty-trained.  I didn't have to put much effort in at all the second time around.  

She was earlier than any of the boys - most of them were 3 1/2.  Jared was the only one who potty-trained right at 3 years.  I guess it may be true that girls potty-train earlier than boys.    

No comments: