Tuesday, January 31, 2017

September birthdays

We celebrated a few birthdays in September.  Alex wanted his map of Crescent City framed, so found a frame for that.  I made roast, peppers, onion, and shrimp for dinner, with chocolate cake and M&M Twix cheesecake bars for dessert.  

I wanted an exercise mat and socks for my birthday.  White cake with raspberries and strawberry ice cream were delicious!  I don't remember what we did for dinner...




I spent quite a bit of time working on something special for my Mom's 60th birthday.  I tried to complete a picture book for her, but I broke my external hard drive in the process, so I had to settle for a smaller brag book.  I sent a bracelet, and I also wrote a fairly lengthy poem for her - "Much Ado about Debora Lou", a fun rhyming poem about her life.  I won't share it all here, but here's a bit from that:  

Retired, in their new home, with a pool and lots of space,
You would think that life runs at a much relaxed pace.

With some time for blogging about animals, birds, and flowers,
Church callings, temple service, and other things take many hours.

Taking care of GG has been an opportunity and learning curve.
Life has a way of rounding out chances to sacrifice and serve.

The daughter, once dependent on her mother’s loving care,
Now tends to her aging mother’s needs, making sacrifices there. 

Even at 60 there is room to grow and relationships to tend.
Through all of life’s challenges, God’s blessings He does send.

Sixty years old also marks 40 years that Ron’s still her guy.
You don’t have to look very hard to understand why.

Kindness, service, loyalty, love, and devotion to God too;
These qualities are some of their relationship’s strong glue.

In other times and relationships these traits are found.
For many years more we hope she will be around. 

Anyone who knows her will surely have to agree,
Their life has been blessed to be part of her history.

Daughter, sister, wife, mother, aunt, grandmother, friend;
Whatever the role, our love for you will never end.

Happy 60 years!


No comments: