Tuesday, February 26, 2019

School things

The kindergarteners celebrated 100 days of school by parading through all of the classrooms.  They made shakers, filled with 100 items.  Savannah chose to put pennies in her shaker.  They had fun making noise throughout the school.

Savannah made her own cereal shop at home one day - she wanted us to pick a kind of "seareell" and pay money for it.  She is very creative... and cute! 


Weston's hair looks pretty good on crazy hair day... his hair is crazy every day.  But it gets styled on the school's crazy hair day!  

Owen, Weston, and Savannah (and I) participated in the jogathon.  They ran laps, which got counted by a chip on their shoe, for 30 minutes.  The TK-1st ran in the first group, then 2nd-3rd, then 4th-6th grades.  I ran with both Savannah and Weston.  I wasn't able to stay for Owen's group (Savannah had an eye doctor appointment), so I didn't get any pictures of Owen.  I was really proud of all of them though.  Owen ran 35 laps, Weston did 31, and Savannah did 28.  Both Savannah and Weston jogged with me the whole time, without walking!  They stopped to get water a couple of times, but other than that, they had a nice steady jog.  Savannah got the most laps of anyone in her age group - the goal for the kindergarteners was 10 laps!  I think Weston and Owen both got the 2nd most laps in their grade (with the goal for them to run 15 laps.)  They did a great job.  (And I patted myself on the back for running for an hour.)  😏

No comments: