Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Mother's Day 2021

Some of the young men at church participated in a special night honoring their moms.  They showed a video they had previously made of them talking about the things they love about us.  They also did little spotlights on us and gave us roses and chocolate cake.  I loved it!  Nathan talked about how patient I was with the five kids, how we both like sports and I'm always at all of his basketball games, how he likes talking about current events with me, how most of his big spiritual experiences have been with me, and how he appreciates the sacrifices I make and all the things I do around the house (that go unnoticed).  From my spotlight sheet:  
- One chore that I do exceptionally well - cleaning the living room
- Favorite animal - elephant
- One time I drove him somewhere special - basketball tournaments
- One activity we like to do together - watch basketball 
- Favorite characteristic about me - hard-working
- One thing I do that nobody thanks me for, but should - cleaning the bathroom
- One gospel principle learned from me - the importance and power of prayer
- One of my many talents - great writer    

I also got special treatment on Mother's Day with bacon, eggs, and cinnamon rolls for breakfast, Mongolian beef and egg rolls for dinner, cheesecake bars for dessert, and some chocolate and cards.  One little story about the cinnamon rolls - Alex asked the night before what I wanted for breakfast.  In my mind, I thought of cinnamon rolls, but didn't want to coach him through how to make them.  I asked for bacon, eggs, and pancakes.  About 5 minutes later, our friend called and said he was bringing some cinnamon rolls over!  How did he know I wanted those...?     



No comments: