Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Fun stuff

 Here's some other things for September.  Alex and I got to attend the temple again.  They just opened it up again, by appointments.  It takes a little extra planning to schedule and follow an appointment instead of just walking in, but it also puts the visit solidly on the calendar.  Part of the temple was open a little earlier this year (we went with the boys to do some work the end of May), but for most of the work, it's been closed down since March 2020.  We squeezed in one last visit in March before it shut down.  Having gone to the temple nearly every month since we've been married, we really missed going the past 1.5 years.  We had taken some family names in February 2020 to start their work, so this September visit was a continuation of some of those close family members.  It was a great feeling to be in the temple again.  


The kids had fun jumping on the trampoline while I sprayed them with the water hose one day.  

Nathan sang in a group for the youth talent show at church - they sang "Santiana" by the Longest Johns.  The one guy in the middle did the main part (I think he already knew the song), but the rest of them learned the song the day before!  They did a great job.  

Weston and Savannah were pretty consistent about piano lessons (with me) and practice this month.  It's worked out to do lessons with them on Thursday afternoons, since they get out an hour earlier on that day.  We haven't worked Owen back into the lesson schedule yet, but he's been practicing a little bit too.  They're doing pretty good; it's easier for Savannah and Owen, harder for Weston.  

Weston is finally learning how to ride a bike!  You think it's about time??


(the breaks are due to me putting 3 separate clips together in one so it will fit the requirements to post)





One last fun thing - I found a Colorado Rockies hat at the thrift store and had to get it because it reminds me of my Grandpa Bob.  He used to wear a CR hat, but he always said the CR stood for "Christ Reigns."  Weston snagged my hat pretty quick - he loves hats!  I'm trying to keep him from wearing it so he doesn't wear it out; he's pretty hard on hats.  I guess I could always get a new one, but I kind of like having a hat to wear that's not "crusty."  These were the pictures I could find of my grandpa with the hat - I couldn't actually find one of him wearing it, but he really liked that hat, as you can see he makes a point of holding it up for the camera.  


No comments: