Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Christmas gifts

We sent out our traditional Christmas letters (in a few rounds, since they weren't all done at the same time) - I did a history themed letter, since for much of the year I was either working on my own personal history book or one for my parents, documenting their years living in Bandera, TX.  I did a book about my first 25 years, so I spent a lot of time going through photos and journals.  I'm really grateful for all the friends and family members who have been important connections for us.  For our Christmas letter this year (in addition to the form letter), we wrote personal letters to our friends and family, highlighting some of our memories together.  So it was quite a bit more time consuming... but fun to think back on those memories and send them out.  

I got a little help from my siblings for the book for my parents, getting them to write some of their favorite Bandera memories.  Most of it was photo memories though.  I started the book in August and didn't finish until the end of November.  It ended up being a big project - about 300 pages, but again it was worth the time to go through and document all those memories in a book.  

We had several teachers at church to give gifts to, with 5 kids and 2 teachers each for Sunday school or primary, plus 3 x the 2 YM teachers each - that's 16, plus 4 seminary teachers, 2 elementary school teachers, and primary presidency and song leaders (7) = a lot of gifts (29).  We had to keep it simple, so they got some chocolates and 2 cookies.  We also delivered about 25 chocolate candy cane loaves to friends and ward members.  

We got lots of treats in return (which I didn't take pictures of) and several Christmas cards.  A few thoughtful gifts to us were poinsettias, a book about the temple endowment, and a handmade ornament (Adore Him).  Nathan and Jared also gave a gift this year - a simple photo ornament and a thoughtful note.  It was one of my favorite gifts, just because this Christmas is our last with Nathan home (and I know I'll probably get tearful when I put that ornament on the tree next year).     



 

No comments: