Monday, October 24, 2022

September Birthdays

We celebrated Alex's birthday a day early (mint chocolate cake the night before and breakfast on his birthday).  He left that morning for Scotland.  I cooked the bacon and Owen did omelettes.



Alex's birthday was very low-key, but I had a lot going on for my birthday this year.  Owen and Alex made French toast, bacon, and eggs for breakfast.  I went out for lunch with friends.  Alex made Mongolian beef, fried rice, broccoli, and spring rolls for dinner.  Alex also made chocolate cake, which some friends came over and helped us eat.  I got several little gifts from friends - a cupcake, candy, and flowers.  A few of the young women brought some cookies.  I opened some gifts from family too.  My sister Audrey sent me a painting she did of Kai, based on a picture of Nathan and Kai.  Audrey, Ashley, and my mom went to a "Paint your Pet" night, and since Audrey doesn't have any pets, she painted our pet and then sent me the painting.  She did a good job on it!  I chatted with my parents for over an hour, and then to top off the day, I got to talk to Nathan.  Apparently the missionaries are now allowed to call on birthdays of immediate family members.  It was a good day!





No comments: