Friday, March 31, 2023

Special Gift

Here's one more post for February.  I spent much of January and a good portion of February working on a 40 Years book for my sister Audrey.  I had scanned a ton of pictures a couple years ago when I was at my parents house.  I've been gathering photos since then for the book.  I hadn't cropped or organized them at all until January, so it took a while to finish gathering, editing, and organizing the pictures into years.  I even contacted BYU and got one photo from their archives for her BYU Racquetball season (I ended up being able to find a few more online after searching for a while.)  My mom and other sisters helped a little bit with identifying and providing pictures.  I didn't let Audrey know I was working on it, so I didn't ask her for help.  I'm sure there are errors on some of the picture dates or sequences, but it all turned out pretty good.  It ended up being 365 pages.  Her birthday was mid-February, but she was on a trip to Rio that week so I had to wait to get pictures from that trip to add to the book.  I didn't want to leave her 40th birthday out of the book.  She didn't get it until the first week of March, but I think she was pretty happy with it!  It was time-consuming, so my family was happy for me to be done with it.


No comments: