Saturday, June 3, 2023

Mother's Day 2023

The older boys at church did a dinner and dessert for their moms for one of the Wednesday activities.  They made the food (lasagna, garlic bread, salad, and chocolate cake). Then they talked about why they loved their moms and did a little spotlight for each of us.  

Jared's mom speech


Mother's Day was great too.  I sang with a Relief Society and Young Women choir for a song during sacrament meeting.  Jared was one of the speakers.  He talked a little bit about me and also shared part of a story that we now read every Christmas called "The Widow's Might".  He did a great job.  After church, the Elders Quorum (led by Alex) had organized pie and ice cream for all the women, so I got to taste several kinds of pie and chat with the other ladies.  Owen made key lime pie, which I also had for dessert later, along with Mongolian beef and spring rolls for dinner.  I got to talk to Nathan for a little bit and also talked to my mom for a little bit.  It was a great day!   









I had Owen, Weston, and Savannah fill out the questionnaires I made for the young women.  It's fun to read them.  I think we might need some new favorite memories though.  Both Weston and Savannah mentioned preschool with me, which was a little while ago!  I have worked at being more social, but that doesn't mean that I like it (and they all know it).  I had to laugh at what Weston put for what I have taught him and something I'm not very good at.  It is hard to stay awake during a movie!  Owen's questionnaire is a little hard to read, but I like what he says I have taught him:  "Mother knows best. Always stand up for what we believe and ourselves.  Be kind to everyone and to be a good friend to all that I meet."  I don't know if mother always knows what is best, but I definitely agree about standing up for what you believe and being kind.  I'm glad they are learning that! 

                 




No comments: