Tuesday, September 29, 2026

He's home!

Nathan arrived on Saturday the 22nd, Alex got home on Sunday the 23rd, and Jared arrived on August 25th around 9:00pm.  He flew from Asuncion to Panama to LA and then home.  We could see him through the metal gate walking from the plane, so it was hard not to run to him.  I had to yell out to him as soon as I spotted him.  It's hard to describe the emotions of being reunited after 2 years, but it was finally time for my hug!  We watched 4 other missionaries come home over the summer, and I felt the emotions for those families too, but it was finally our turn.  Even though we had talked to Jared every week, it just wasn't the same as being in person. 

Jared was able to get released from his service that night with the Stake President, which was also emotional, watching him take off the missionary tag.  We got to hear some of Jared's thoughts and experience from his mission, things he learned, and habits he wants to continue.  

He had cherry pie and Twix waiting for him when he got home.  He got to pet Kai and check out the Lego room too.  I was happy to see the kids all lined up together and see how much Weston and Savannah had grown in the last couple years.  Jared, Owen, and Weston are basically the same height now.  I'm not sure if anyone will catch up to Nathan.







No comments: