Sunday, June 1, 2008

new entertainment



In conjunction with Jared's birthday (I had to justify getting this somehow), we bought a trampoline. I thought it would be great for Christmas, but the season just isn't the greatest for being outside on it. I had to talk Alex into it- he didn't have a trampoline growing up, so he was concerned about safety (and he didn't want to put it together). We had one when I was a kid, but we never had the enclosure. I remember lots of fun times spent bouncing the day away... Anyway, it's now in our backyard. Jared was a little unsure of it at first, but quickly got used to it. And Nathan loves it, of course. Guess who else had fun on it? Yep, Alex. I had to make him settle down when he was in there with the boys... I got in there and did a little bouncing, but I'm just not sure how bouncing and pregnancy go together. That worries me a little bit...


6 comments:

hollister said...

Looks like so much fun! I need to get one for Josh- he would love it. Just make sure they don't bounce from the roof onto the trampoline like I did and they will be okay ;-)

Brooke said...

My kids absolutely love having a trampoline. We got one about four years ago and they've spent so much time on it that we've replaced the net, the actual jumping surface and the padding! We put a basketball hoop next to it and they love shooting hoops -- you'll be amazed at what a great babysitter it is as well. Also, different from when I was a kid, I think trampolines are much safer with the net. It's nearly impossible to fall off! Your boys look like they are having a great time -- and about jumping when you're pregnant. You should jump when you are about 9 months along and desperate to have your baby. I think jumping might induce some labor! (by the way - sorry my post was confusing. I have a tendency to ramble).

The Purtle's said...

I believe that I actually remember bouncing on the trampoline at your house when we were kids!!

Coty said...

That's awesome, I have been on the fence about a trampoline; I was thinking the boys needed to be older, but with Jared looking as happy as he does...I think I might seriously reconsider. Have fun bouncing!

Dina said...

Awww...so fun! I had a trampoline growing up too and we LOVED it! I would still play on it today if my parents still had it. How's the whole net thing?

Anonymous said...

I hate not having a reliable computer ... I didn't even know you were having a baby - Congratulations! That is so exciting! I'll have to check older posts for more info