Monday, June 16, 2008

service weekend

This weekend I got to do some service- some planned and some unexpected. I don't want to go into details about the unexpected, but it was nice to be available to help a girl with something she wasn't able to do herself. I got the feeling that I should call her, and I felt really good about being able to help her out. I was out of my comfort zone, but that's okay. I'd rather me be a little uncomfortable than her. And Alex gave up his Friday evening to watch her kids.

On Saturday morning, I did a birthday party for 2 little kids in our church. Their mom had planned a birthday party previously, but it fell through. After asking her if she was still planning on doing one, she wasn't sure. I knew it was probably because of financial reasons, so I offered to do the party. We had a party for her 1 year old and 2 year old. My friend Mary brought a cake, they opened presents, and then they got to play outside: in the sprinkler, on the trampoline, in the sandbox, and "fish" in a little kiddie pool. We had alot of fun. Nathan and Jared loved it and I think they had a great time as well.

And Sunday, of course, was Father's Day. I got to make breakfast for Alex and make M&M cookies. The great part about Sunday evening was we got invited over for dinner. So we got to be served as well!











6 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

You are so sweet and giving. I'm glad you were able to listen to the spirit to know to call the girl who was in need of your service. I definitely need to work on that myself. Thanks for being an inspiration!

Mamapierce said...

What a fun party! How nice of you to help her out, that's very kind of you to do! I'm glad that Alex got his m&ms for Father's Day - to this day I still remember that he loves them! ha ha.

Debora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debora said...

" Well done, thou good and faithful servant."
We are anxious to see everyone next week. Thanks for the fathers pics.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful, Annie. We should be so lucky if there were more people like you out there.

Coty said...

Can I just say how awesome you are Annie. I agree with steph, we would be so lucky if there were more people in the world like you.
Thanks for being you Annie.


ps..and you are pregnant, what a faithful trooper!!!