Sunday, July 27, 2008

what we've been doing

What have we been up to? Here's a few things...


I finally pulled out the scrapbook again and started working on it. I started a book of the trips Alex and I have been on since we got married. I finally finished our New Mexico Spring Break 2003 trip... yeah... I'm way behind! But it felt good to "close the book" so to speak on one portion of our life. It just feels good to get something done, even if it was from 5 years ago. I have finished college, our wedding & reception, Nathan's 1st year, and Jared's first 3 months... I'll hopefully catch up by the time I die! ;)




Nathan did swimming lessons this week, with his friend Garett. They love it- Nathan wasn't scared at all. He has one more week.



Jared and Emalee have to sit and watch...ugh! They had a hard time the first day, but we survived. They actually did well, despite the heat. We took snacks and little toy fishing poles and fish (in a mini cooler of water) for them to play with.















I also finally took the boys to a swimming pool, which some friends invited us to. (I hadn't yet taken them swimming because I was worried about watching 2 young ones that don't know how to swim.) We had fun, but for some reason I didn't think I'd be out there long enough to get burned... my back (which was facing the sun) got toasted! Why didn't I put sunscreen on?? At least I had sunscreen in my facial moisturizer.





And we finally took the boys to the OKC zoo, on $0.75 Wednesdays. Again it was hot, but we did get there at 8:30am (for early riser season they open at 7:30am), so the morning wasn't too bad. One of the favorites (for me and the kids) was the misters- they enjoyed playing in the water.



















The seal/sea lion show was entertaining, and we didn't feel bad about paying the extra for it since we spent so little on admission. We also rode the little train (disappointing, yet a favorite for the kids).
























So there's a few things we've been doing... besides the daily routine. Can't wait for the weather to get a little cooler...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you have been busy! I have gobs and gobs and gobs (still an understatement) of pictures waiting, ready to be scrapbooked. So, give yourself a huge pat on the back for getting yourself that far.
I love the zoo! It is so fun to see my kids watch animals and see them up close. The .75 cent Wed. sounds like such a deal! We always ride the tram, and I think it is worth the money. So, if you are disapointed with the train, maybe that would be a good alternative.

hollister said...

Wow- you have been busy! I am so impressed with how much you got done with scrapbooking! I completely understand- I think I haven't done any pages of Josh since he was 3. Seeing he is almost 6, I have a lot of catching up to do as well. Why I didn't take advantage of the summer, I have no earthly idea.
And you guys were definitely troopers for going to the zoo in such hot weather! I absolutely love the picture of your two boys with the monkey statue. That is too cute!

The Purtle's said...

So glad you've been scrapbooking! :) Feel free to bring any scrapbook project to my house in a few weeks!! I know I have plenty to work on myself!!

Dina said...

You're scrapbook looks CUTE!! I love it! And don't worry you aren't the only one that is way behind. Looks like you are all having a really fun summer!

Coty said...

I too love your scrapbook, too cute. I didn't know about $0.75 Wednesdays??? how'd I miss that one? Anyway, I love the pics, looks like you guys had a blast.