Friday, December 19, 2008

more Owen












We're home now. Thanks Alex for posting last night (I guess I have to have a baby to get Alex to post on the blog...) I sent Alex home to stay with Nathan and Jared last night - it was his night to get some sleep (and the last for the next few months!). We're doing well. I have to say that going under general anesthesia just might be the best way to have a baby. The worst part was getting the IV - no one has ever gotten it in on the first try. I didn't have to get an epidural or spinal block - I just took a few deep breaths and the next thing I knew there was the baby. And recovery hasn't been too bad - obviously there is pain associated with being sliced open, but I've been smarter about the medecine this time. With Jared, I took the pain medecine too often and I got a migraine and vomiting. This time I've only taken the medecine about every 8 hours, so I haven't had any other side effects. The afterbirth uterus contractions have been terrible though. I hear they get worse with each child - that's been the case with me.
Anyway, that's probably more than you wanted to know. The main thing is that we're healthy and we're back home and we're loving little Owen Knight. (Nathan said his name was Owen, so we went with Owen.) You probably can't tell from the pictures, but he has red hair just like Nathan and Jared. They all come out looking the same. I'll have to see if I can find some newborn pics of Nathan and Jared to post...




8 comments:

Emma said...

He is so lucky to have hair like his brothers. I'm glad you had a great experience. I know what you mean about the postpartum uterine contractions - but they do go away.

Pam said...

He's so cute!
Funny isn't it? Some pics he looks like Nathan and some like Jared and those two look so different.
Wishing a quick recovery. Congratulations.

Mamapierce said...

I love the name Owen - so cute! The pictures are darling! Thanks for keeping us posted when you're so busy with your little one! :o)

Anonymous said...

He is so handsome! Congrats!

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Peterson said...

Congrats!!! You both look great!

Coty said...

What a little Cutie!
Ugh missy, I hope those postpartum contractions go AWAY...


ps YAY for a husband post...i don't see that happening (my way)in this lifetime ;)

Joe said...

We love the pictures! We're so glad Owen and you are doing well. We love his name and that Nathan named him! You have such a beautiful family. Congratulations, and Merry Christmas!!