Sunday, May 31, 2009

try this at home...

I saw a link on the internet on how to make paper cowboy hats, so I tried it. It was alot of work to make so many, but if you were doing just one, it wouldn't take very long. Basically, you start with 2 big sheets of newspaper, drape it over a balloon (or head), get a helper and use masking tape around the lower portion (to make the top). Then fold and tape the sides the way you want them. Next, use a flour and water mixture (papier mache) and paint it all over. After it is dry, paint it with tempera paint. Let that dry and then finish it off with twine (I used hot glue).







2 comments:

Tiffany said...

You are absolutely amazing!

Alabama Apples said...

What a darling idea. And let me say you are so fabulous. I love reading about the wonderful parties you throw for your kiddies...you could rent yourself out! I'm serious. Love it!!!