Monday, July 25, 2011

Good to be home




I missed my boys!  I couldn't sleep very well on the plane and only got a few hours sleep the night before, so I had been up for at least 24 hours.  When I got home, the boys couldn't stop talking, but it was great to be home.  While I missed all of them, I have to admit it was hardest to be away from Weston.  It was hard not having my baby cuddles.

My parents were real troopers and entertained the boys while we were gone.  They also left things better than they found them - typical.  My dad fixed several things - the trampoline enclosure, the leaky washer, the disposal, and built a tree house for the boys.  My mom left new things around the house, like flowers, soap dish and dispenser, cups, toys, and games for the boys, toothbrushes, organizer buckets, shoes for Weston, towel rack, and bath mat.  And they got a heavy duty cleaner for the hard to scrub spots in the shower.  Basically, if they saw something that needed to be fixed or replaced, they did it.  And I'm still finding more things - I probably didn't name everything.  Baba and Papa need to visit more often.  I highly recommend borrowing them for a week or two...  :)


The boys had a great time and they miss them already.  They loved going to the zoo, baseball game, the park, the beach, McDonald's, Wendy's, bowling, watching movies, playing in their new tree house, playing baseball, watching sports on-line, games, and eating treats.  After we dropped Baba and Papa off at the airport this morning, Nathan asked, "Do we have to go back to the regular rules now?"  Yep.  Back to boring.

They had the best 2 weeks of the year.  Thanks for coming Baba and Papa!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

No time to shave huh dad? lol looks good

Debora said...

What??? There are new rules now? I thought we did a pretty good job of sticking to the rules :) Actually it was funny to see the boys conspire for certain things. There was also "method to my madness" in some of the new items- others were "just because" :) (or should I say trying to save my sanity?) Ron and the boys got the flowers for momma on one of their trips to Home Depot. btw- there is a small folding table in the garage- we used it for a picnic on the back porch one night- you'll probably find it useful.

Debora said...

PS- See what happens when you hire two workaholics as babysitters :)

Anonymous said...

I need Baba and Papa desperately! Do they hire out? ;)

Micah and Alison said...

Whats all that gray stuff on Papas face?!?!

Debora said...

I figure that gray stuff just makes me look younger :) He had to shave it off as soon as he got home- today was his temple day.