Thursday, October 6, 2011

storage quota

I got a message saying I had reached my photo upload quota (or something like that) with Picasa Web Albums.  (But then I was able to make the previous post with a photo, so I'm not sure what's going on).  When I tried to edit the pictures of the boys on the side, the quota message comes up.

Is there any way around that or do you just have to pay for extra storage?  I thought about just starting a new blog, but I don't think that will help.  I'm not sure how Picasa and blogger are connected, but it seems like it's not the blog's problem.  I don't want to start deleting photos either, because I think they'll be removed from my blog as well.  So someone tell me what I need to do... :)  

or there will be no more pictures.

5 comments:

WhiteEyebrows said...

Picasa and Blogger are connected by your Google account. You'd have to create another google account to get more free space, but then you're not going to like the experience of switching between the two.

Are you storing all your photos on Picasa? If you have the Picasa desktop software, check the settings of the program. It is probably synching all your photos. You might be able to tweak the settings of the Picasa application on your computer to at least not store the full, hi-res images on Picasa - it can be set to just upload a low-res version and keep your hi-res on your computer only.

That will save you LOTS of space, but you wil want to make sure you're taking local backups on an external hard drive or something, in case your computer's hard drive fails. Might be cheaper (and good for peace of mind) to pay for the additional storage.

Debbie said...

The same thing happened to me 2-3 years ago. We both use lots of photos on our blogs! I opted to just pay for the space. Since I'm printing out my blog in blog books, I try to think of it as what I'd spend on scrapbooking. So worth it!

Jason and Lissa said...

Just be careful not to delete your current account or "disconnect" it in any way as your entire blog can potentially be deleted and Google cannot recover it for you. This happened to a relative.

Mamapierce said...

I paid the $5 for TONS of space. :)

Grandma Fay said...

Far off grandparents are willing to support the blog, let us know what we can do.