Friday, December 23, 2011

Buzz "wightyear" party

We celebrated Owen's 3rd birthday last week.  He requested a Buzz "wightyear" party (although the previous requests were Curious George and then Winnie the Pooh).  Owen's l's come out as w's, so it's so cute to hear him talk about his buzz "wightyear" party.  He couldn't stop talking about it, and really couldn't understand the concept of waiting until his birthday.  When we'd look at cakes or something on-line, he'd say, "Go make my cake."  I tried to explain that he had to wait, but that didn't register.  The morning of his birthday, we had bacon, eggs, and pancakes, followed by opening his presents from family.  Later, he had his friend party with 4 little friends.  We got him a stomp rocket, which I had planned on the kids playing with, but it was a little too muddy and they kept losing the rockets in the tree or over the fence.  I didn't have a chance to come up with any other games, but they had fun just playing with toys. I got some little finger lights that the kids loved playing with.  We also had dinner for the kids - pigs in a blanket, cantaloupe, chips, and lime green Hawaiian punch.  And of course we had cake!  My mom sent a little Buzz toy that was perfect for the cake topper.  I wasn't sure how I was going to put together an acceptable Buzz cake, but I snatched his toy and it all came together.  One of Owen's favorite presents was a toy laser gun that I got from Michael's for $3 - it lights up and makes sounds.  Annoying toy, but well worth seeing his amusement over it. 






(I have a couple more cute pictures, but I can't find the camera's computer cord.  They'll have to wait.)

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Maddie LOVED going to the Buzz "wightyear" party! Happy Birthday, Owen!!

A2 said...

Cute party, cute cake, onnery kid ;)