Tuesday, December 20, 2011

rockin' runners


Nathan and Jared had a fundraiser jog-a-thon at school, and they both did really awesome.   They had to run as many mini laps as they could in 30 minutes.  I'm not sure what the distance was, but Nathan did 50 laps (filled the card) and Jared did 35 laps.  Nathan got 1st place out of all the 2nd graders (about 70?) and Jared got 3rd out of the kindergarteners (about 65?). I didn't imagine how proud I would feel at their determination and endurance.  They both just kept running.  Many puttered out after about 10 minutes, but Nathan and Jared kept going.  After the first 10 minutes, they let the kids get water.  Jared took a new cup after just about every lap, took a sip, and then chucked it over his shoulder.  I was getting a kick out of that.  He was just having fun out there.  Nathan never even stopped for water.  He and his friend took off at the beginning, slowed a little, and then kept a pretty steady pace.  When they had the award ceremony later, I noticed that none of the girls in the school ran more laps than Nathan and only about 5 or 6 boys ran more laps (about 51-53 laps).  One of the 5th (?) graders ran 61 laps.  They did a great job - my rockin' runners!

4 comments:

A2 said...

Haha, love the unleash the loco headband! Good job boys!!

Debora said...

Congratulations ... twice.

Carrie said...

Now I know who to run my next race with : ) Way to go boys!!!

Alison said...

Jared is so intense! I love it...He's definitely got the look of a serious runner in him...