Monday, March 19, 2012

my most useful baby item is...

...the jogging stroller!  

All of the boys, at about 3 months old, have been introduced to their new ride.  It's fun to see the rotation and see them grow out of it.  I could only find one picture of Nathan in the single jogging stroller - this was his 1st ride in it.  I couldn't find any pictures of Jared and Owen together not snoozing.  I probably have one somewhere, but didn't come across any.  


This is a must-have in my book for baby/kid equipment.  It's not the easiest to maneuver, but it still gets the job done.  If you want to consistently exercise, you need one of these.  If you can't get up early to exercise before your spouse leaves for work or your spouse is out of town, this is great.  I guess a treadmill would be okay too, but I think it's too easy to let the treadmill do most of the work.  AND this counts as quality time outside with your kids!  My boys usually love going for a ride.  The "encouragement" is nice too:  "Mama, run!  Run faster!"  Nathan and Owen are my chatter boxes.  


Nap resistant kids?  No problem.  Just take them for a jog.  When you're done, leave them in the stroller on the back porch OR if it's a little chilly out, wheel them right inside the back door. 


They're so cute when they're snoozing.

5 comments:

Alison said...

Love it! I used to take dallin out in the jogging stroller too to get him to fall asleep..never thought about leaving him in it to stay asleep, but thats a good idea, and I definitely have to find a double stroller too, like yours...

A2 said...

Fun pics of all of the boys in that stroller! Great purchase

Annie said...

The great thing about it is that we bought it used, so we only paid about $25 for it. Best $25 we've spent.

The Purtle's said...

love the pics! What a fun collection! You need to frame them and put it in a collage in your garage or wherever you keep the stroller. LOL.

Debora said...

I really need that kind of exercise. We might have to get one of those and borrow a couple of kids :)