Sunday, March 4, 2012

NEW perSPECtive

Jared recently failed his kindergarten vision screening, so we took him to the eye doctor to get his eyes checked out.  Jared was really excited to pick out these glasses.  His best friend Connor has glasses, so Jared couldn't wait to get a pair of his own.  Poor guy doesn't realize that glasses aren't really that fun to wear.  He is fascinated with how different things look.  New perspective.  

I figured all our boys will need glasses eventually, but didn't think it would be this early.  I got glasses in 5th grade and Alex got glasses his freshman year of college.  I remember being amazed seeing the individual leaves on the trees.  Things looked SO different.  Anyway, besides these being a little big for his face, Jared looks handsome in them.  I think they make him look smart.  He wanted blue glasses.  


I had some blue glasses as well.  Here's me in 6th grade...  enjoy.

2 comments:

Debora said...

All of you girls would blame me for your "hairdo" are you going to blame me for your glasses too ? :) I do remember you commenting about the "leaves" on the trees. Good luck with the glasses for Jared- looks good. For boys you might have to opt for UNBREAKABLE! :)

WhiteEyebrows said...

That was about the same time I got my first pair. I actually remember when my parents realized I needed glasses - I had learned to read, but I couldn't read the signs on the side of the highway until we were right beside them while we were driving.