Wednesday, February 20, 2013

30!



30?  Bring it on!

I think Audrey is pretty fearless.  This picture was taken before she went skydiving a while back.  I think the shirt means "victory or death".  I guess that's perfect for skydiving...  Anyway, I'm not sure what scares Audrey, but I don't think being 30 is one of those things.  

For her birthday, Sam put together a video of family and friends wishing her a happy birthday.  I wrote a silly little poem for her.  I thought you might enjoy it too.  I would share my video, but I hate the way I sound!  So here's the written poem, about the changes your 30's might bring. (Keep in mind, I'm still in the sleep deprived mode...)  :)  

Happy birthday Aud!


Hooray!  You're 30! Older and wiser too.
Expect some things the same, some things new.

This phase of life will be full of growth, 
Some welcome, some not, a little of both.

New babies will be a welcome delight.
Not so welcome, clothes getting too tight.

A few more wrinkles and gray hair may appear,
But also a time of more success in your career.

More work comes as your family grows,
But also more joy, hopefully more highs than lows.

You may be trading in your quiet outings or fancy dinner dates
For frozen pizza or mac & cheese on plastic plates.

When you once could work out or play on the racquetball court,
Your time may be better spent building legos or a fort.

More dishes in the sink, clothes and toys on the floor,
Surely will come, requiring more work than before.

More organization, sacrifice, and communication is a must.
Character built, a time for strengthening love and trust.

Sticky fingers, spilled milk, and strong wills is a test
Of patience and kindness, putting selfish pride to rest.

Giggles and snuggles and funny things said
Makes it all worth it; so many good times ahead.

Success is determined by the choices you make, 
Your faith & trust in God, balancing give and take.

Regardless of changes in career, age, or size,
One thing stays the same - it never dies.

A loyal and loving family is always by your side, 
Cheering you on, we're along for the ride!

Embrace the good times, in challenges do your best.
Laugh, love, give it your all - let the Lord do the rest!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I somehow missed this post! I just barely read your poem and I love it! I may have to repost it on my blog just because it sums up changes and things in life as a parent really well :)