Tuesday, October 8, 2013

older and...older

I don't feel like I'm getting any wiser.  Luckily I'm not getting WIDER either!  Maybe Alex is a little bit.  :)  Not really, but I have noticed a few white hairs and Alex's hair is going white too.  Just becoming a little more pure right?  Anyway, we both are pretty healthy and somehow have just enough energy to keep up with the kids (although some days I am just plain worn-out).  

We had some low-key birthday celebrating - some yummy meals and cake. We went out to eat at Chili's the day before my birthday, since my birthday was on Sunday this year (and we don't usually go out to eat on Sundays).  Alex made fajitas for my birthday dinner and a lemon cake.  I made omelettes, a Mexican dish (with lots of green peppers), and chocolate cupcakes for Alex's birthday.  We hadn't planned on it, but ended up getting to go out on Alex's birthday for ice cream WITHOUT THE KIDS.  I watched a friend's son at the last minute, and then she watched our kids when she realized it was Alex's birthday.  (Thanks Vivianne!) 


Lookin' pretty good for mid-thirties right?  

3 comments:

Debora said...

I know that you did family photos recently, that didn't turn out very well- that family picture with the chocolate cupcakes is good! You might have to use that as your "family pic" hehe

Jessica McKay said...

Happy Birthday!!! You two look as young as the day I met you. I love catching up with you on your blog.

Lisa said...

Happy belated birthday to you two! You both look great and I don't see any white hairs or added width!