Sunday, December 22, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

We spent Thanksgiving with my brother and his family.  Thanksgiving morning started off with a turkey trot.  Mike, Carrie, and I ran a 10K (6.2 miles).  Nathan, Jared, Owen, and Nicholas ran the kids fun run (1/2 mile or 1/4 mile).  We all ran well - Carrie showed us up on the 10K, coming in a few minutes before Mike and me.  I nearly reached my goal of under 8:30 pace, with a time of 52:53 (8:31 pace).  Mike came in about 10 seconds after me, which was awesome since he had only run about 3 miles in his running recently.  It was fun to see the kids run, although I couldn't actually get a picture of all of them finishing since all the parents swarmed the finish line.  It was nuts with all the eager parents with cameras.  I had my camera out too, but I stayed behind the barrier... snapped a good one of Nathan at least.  

Doing this turkey trot reminded me of the races Mike and I ran as kids.  We used to do an annual turkey trot when we lived in Colorado.  I wonder if we have any pictures from those... I think Mike and I used to win turkeys because we were about the only ones in our age group doing the longer race. 


We did a little paper craft in the afternoon. Nicholas is quite talented - he constructed a macaw.  

Dinner was so yummy!  And I didn't have to make the meal this year!   



On Friday evening, my sister Alison and her daughter Emmy flew in from Utah.  We only had about a day overlap with their visit.  On Saturday morning, Mike made a nice pancake, bacon & eggs breakfast.  We had hotdogs, hamburgers, and rootbeer floats for lunch.  
  




We tried to take a few pictures of the kids... didn't work!  
Marpi (the dog) was cooperating.  :)  Weston called him "Puffy."  He kept wanting to see "Puffy" again after we left.

No comments: