Monday, January 27, 2014

Christmas Day!

 The boys were excited to open their presents.  We made them wait until about 9:00 - so long to wait, but everyone had to be up and ready to watch the excitement.  We made them take turns this year, and that worked better than all at the same time.  I love their enthusiasm - especially Owen.  "I GOT ___!"
I didn't get a picture of every gift, but here are some of them.  All the boys got Legos, a game, and other fun toys from Papa John, Aunt Jane, and Jim.  In fact, their gifts were much more popular than what Santa brought.  Weston loved his pirate ship from Papa John and his Duplo zoo from Jane.  They loved the submarines and the Lone Ranger Legos too.  Savannah wasn't into opening the presents much yet, but she has played with all of them since Christmas.  Actually, the boys loved her castle - I'll have to post the video of them playing with it after we got back home.
 
























Savannah really liked the dog book.  I was also glad to see her show interest in the keychain picture book that I made.  I pulled pictures from on-line of baby animals, printed, laminated, and cut them out.  Then I put them on a key ring.  She likes to look at them at church (although sometimes gets too excited about the pictures, making it a noisy activity...)  Some of her gifts she may have to grow into this year.  It's hard with her birthday right before Christmas.  I have to plan ahead for what she might want to play with in 6-9 months.  She doesn't have the benefit of mid-year gifts. 






2 comments:

Debbie said...

Fun to catch up on your blog. We've tried KOA cabins too and enjoyed them! You are so amazing and consistent with blogging. It's such a blessing isn't it? Hope all is well with you guys!

Debora said...

The kids made quite a "haul" for Christmas- I didn't realize you had all of those things in the suburban- lol