Sunday, January 19, 2014

ONE sweet cupcake

We celebrated Savannah's birthday with family in Oklahoma this year (since we were traveling for Christmas).  She was sick on her birthday with a little stomach bug, so we celebrated a few days later.  I don't think she was 100% yet.  She had cake earlier this year and had no problem digging into it, but she didn't want much to do with it on her birthday.  Maybe the giant cupcake was overwhelming.  She did pick at a smaller cupcake.  










She had lots of help opening presents.  She seemed to like all her presents.  


She got a bear with music and lights and buttons to push from her TX grandparents.  She likes bears and music and buttons, so it was perfect (especially for travel).   



Savannah is such a joy to have in our family.  So far she has been pretty laid back and easy-going.  She sleeps well through the night.  She has a great smile and personality, and it's fun to see her interact with her brothers.  (She's pretty tough already.)  She is a little bit behind in her development, but she's coming along.  I haven't minded much that she isn't walking or talking yet (she does a great army crawl).  We have plenty of noise and rowdiness already around here.  She can take her time - I am enjoying the last bit of her babyhood.  Savannah is our last baby, so it's hard to see the end of our baby season coming to a close.  She got a full year of nursing.  I couldn't hold the tears back at her last feeding - that was an emotional thing.  I have been pregnant or nursing and taking care of babies for 10 years now.  And while I am ready for a new season, it's also hard to let go of this one.  I can't believe my baby is one year old.  We love our sweet girl!  

Her toddlerhood is just around the corner... 

2 comments:

Krista said...

Very sweet post. She is a cutie and I can't believe she's one! (though I know it's easier for me to say that when I am far away and time flies more that way) I'm glad you got to nurse her for a whole year. It's time that is precious.

Jennifer said...

She is super sweet. My Savannah (who is 5 now!) loved looking and re-looking at your Christmas card picture when I pointed out your Savannah. Maybe someday they can meet. I liked how you worded the emotion of being ready for a new season but having a hard time letting go of the other. I can relate. Love your blog.