Friday, February 7, 2014

10 times the fun!

Nathan turned 10 about a month ago!  He opened presents from family on his birthday, went out to eat at Chili's, and had Dr. Pepper floats.  


He requested fried eggs, bacon, waffles, and fruit smoothie for breakfast.



He had a basketball party with 12 friends about a week later.  Everyone we invited came, as well as a sister that joined in the fun.  We started out at the school, playing basketball for about an hour or so.  It got a bit competitive... there were 4 sets of brothers (what do you expect right?).  They seemed to have fun though.  We came back to our house for hamburgers and cake. With 18 mouths to feed, (including our 5), it was a little crazy!

I made the invite to look like a ticket to a game, with Nathan's favorite team on it.  I heard from one of the kids that his brother asked if he was going to an OKC Thunder game for the party... :)  




I gave the 3-D ball cake a try - not too bad.  It would have been even easier if I hadn't done the star tip frosting.  That added quite a bit of time.  I decided to do the jersey cake as well, sort-of last minute.  I could have done better on it if I had more time.  It was a little sloppy, but it worked.  (I did a few cupcakes too, but forgot to take pictures of them.  I gave out foldable water bottles for favors - also didn't take pictures. And my cute basketball dessert plates showed up the morning after the party, so they didn't make it in time.)  



Not fair to try to blow out 10 candles on two different cakes...

Happy birthday Nathan!  

Nathan is our kid who loves sports, talking, and eating healthy food (and some junk food too).  He loves any kind of sport, will talk your ear off, and is often found eating fruit or veggies.  I have to watch when I buy berries - he might eat the whole container in one sitting!  It's too bad we couldn't invite all of his friends to the party - we just could't accommodate that many people at once.  He's a good friend and leader to everyone around him.  We appreciate the good example he is for his brothers and sister.  We love his outgoing personality and his enthusiasm for life.  We love Nathan!  

3 comments:

Debora said...

Annie...You are getting really good at those fancy cakes!! And fancy invites and fun parties.
Nathan...Happy Birthday and Happy Year!

Jennifer said...

I love your birthday party posts! My son is turning 11 tomorrow and we're having a basketball party. I think they would be great friends. I loved the pictures of your cake - you're so talented. I also think you should do a post on how you organize or contain all the legos in your house!

Melissa said...

That cake is impressive! Can't believe he is 10! I remember holding him as a newborn!!