Monday, February 3, 2014

Mesa - number 29

We took advantage of going to a temple along our route back home, a new one for us.  I had been to the Mesa Temple grounds with my family back in 1998 (Dec. 28th), but we never went inside.  I was glad to get the chance to go again and see the inside.

The Mesa  Arizona Temple is the 7th operating temple and originally called the Arizona Temple. It was dedicated in 1927, but remodeled and re-dedicated in 1975.  The inside is a little old fashioned.  
"For many years, the Mesa Arizona Temple was known as the "Lamanite Temple", as it was the destination of annual temple excursions for Hispanic and Native American members of the Church, especially the Mexican Saints."   Some of the murals on the inside were of Native Americans.  

I just wish we had come about a week earlier so we could see the Christmas lights.  I remember those were amazing when we saw them with my family.  We just missed those by a few days.




No comments: