Thursday, June 5, 2014

Baptism Day - Choose the Right Way!

We're proud of the choice Jared made to get baptized.  Alex was able to perform the ordinance, as well as conduct the baptism.  Nathan gave the talk on baptism, and my mom gave the talk on the Holy Ghost.  I am also thankful for my dad and brother giving prayers and for Carrie being our pianist.   

The opening song was "When I am Baptized" and the closing was "Choose the Right Way".   Nathan, Jared, and Owen sang "I am a Child of God" as a musical number.  It was a nice program - we were glad to have family and friends join us for Jared's special day.







I displayed this collage at the baptism.  I think it's fun to look back and see how he has grown.  
The first picture is about 3 months old, then 2, 4, 6 and 8!  I suppose his glasses will be one of his distinguishing features that will change over time.  He really wanted these green glasses right now.  
Handsome boy.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

My 8-year-old son got baptized May 31st! I wish we were neighbors! Congratulations to him and you. Your family is adorable. My Savannah still likes to look at the pictures of your Savannah. :)