Monday, December 8, 2014

Halloween

Well, one good thing about a power outage - creating collages on my laptop was about all I could do in the dark.  So I have now caught up with October on my posts... here's Halloween.

We went to the annual Halloween party at a friend's house - great party.  New for this year was a spooky tunnel, which Nathan almost didn't do because he was scared!  He finally did.  I don't think Owen or Weston ever went through it.  The kids enjoyed the usual games, and we enjoyed a taco salad bar for dinner.


Here is the crew:  

I made Jared's shirt and light saber, little boot covers for Savannah's outfit, and put together Nathan's costume.  I didn't have to sew the pants, but did glue the red stripe down the sides.  I sewed the shirt and vest and made the belt out of craft foam.  

Luckily the other kids were happy with thrift store finds.  Weston was excited about his "Pirates of the Caribbean" costume because it satisfied 2 things he wanted to be - a pirate and a skeleton.  Skeleton pirate - perfect.  Owen specifically requested to be a muscular spiderman, so I was so glad to find that.  Whew.  Savannah was fine with her costume, because it had a dress, hat, and shoes (all things she loves.)  

Below is the aftermath of our trick-or-treating around the neighborhood.  Everyone was really generous, and the kids ended up with plenty of candy (for not much work).  The kids began going through their candy, weeding out their favorites and making a pile of discards.  Nathan discarded some, Owen discarded more, and Jared kept EVERYTHING!  Ha ha.  I'm not surprised.  

Weston ate ONE piece of candy (smarties) and then he was done.  He didn't want to go trick-or-treating at all.  We had to coerce him into it.  After every house, he asked, "Are we going home now?"  At one point, he even tried to say, "We need to get home and do our dinner chores."  Silly kid.  At least we got him to go and get some candy for Mom and Dad.  
   

I was particularly happy at this point, because this meant Halloween was done and I could move on to the next holiday... ;) 

No comments: