Friday, November 6, 2015

A true gem

More of my good friends moved away this summer - Vivianne, her husband, and son Guillermo moved to Utah. Guillermo was right in between Jared and Owen in age.  He fit right in with our Lego-loving boys.  Vivianne was assigned to visit me each month as my visiting teacher, but she quickly became a good friend.  I really enjoyed our conversations and getting to know her.  A "quick visit" often turned into a 2 hour visit.  I really appreciated her dedication to coming and watching over us, despite our crazy bunch.  Vivianne was always so willing to help - bringing pizza over for lunch or dinner, treats for the kids, or coming over at 7:00am so I could get a run in when Alex was gone.  She is such a great example of love and service, and I am grateful for our friendship.  I miss having her around!    


1 comment:

Debora said...

Thanks for the smiles that these first two posts gave me. I can't say that I am smiling about the dog though :(