Monday, November 2, 2015

back to pre-school...

...starting with fruits and vegetables

I made the extra effort again this year to do pre-school mornings with Weston and Savannah - usually Monday and Friday mornings for this fall.  I still have a hard time getting Weston to sit down and do crafts, but I can usually get 10 minutes out of him... he's better with games, books, and snacks.  Savannah loves to do crafts!




We own this copy of "Ten Apples Up On Top" - fun book.  The kids painted the apples, and then I cut them out and made these headbands for them.  They didn't last long, but they were cute for a little bit!

I tried to give them apple slices and a few chips for snack.  It wasn't good enough... they ended up with strawberry applesauce and nachos!

We did a banana theme, so of course we also had to do Curious George.  We already had several of the books on our shelf.


Alex was out of town with the camera for these projects, so I only got a few pictures of the live action on the I-pad.  I snapped some pictures of the finished projects after I got my camera back.

I created a blueberry game for them to play, which is good for counting.  They each had a green "fruit basket".  They took turns rolling a die, and then put that number of blueberries in their basket.  The first one to get all their blueberries in the basket won.  

They love watermelon and cantaloupe!

They were excited about ice cream smoothies with berries, spinach, and apple juice.
They also had corndogs for lunch - that's in the vegetable group, right?  Ha ha. 

We did a paper plate salad craft, veggie books, and coloring - Weston wasn't happy about coloring.
We watched a couple of Veggie Tales episodes as well and had real salad for lunch.   

We had these cups out for a few days, showing how plants take water through their system.

Our mostly veggie dinner - plus salmon and veggies from a friend

I took them grocery shopping with me one morning - we explored all the different vegetables.  Weston just kept saying, "I don't like that." He does like broccoli though! 

1 comment:

Debora said...

Annie, you are so awesome and those kids are going to be sooo smart when they go to school!!