Sunday, August 7, 2016

I have been busy!

I know people say they are busy, and they probably are, but I wanted to document what it means for me to be busy.  I had a lot of things going on this spring (and into summer).  May is always a busy month, as school is winding down and Jared's birthday is in May.  But this was a particularly busy time this year, trying to get ready for a 32 day trip this summer, which began 2 days BEFORE school got out.  I originally sat down and made this list because I was going to show Alex everything that I had done, so he might appreciate my contributions a little more (I don't think he knows the extent of what I actually do).  :)  But I never showed it to him, and now I just want it for a reminder of this season of my life.  I make lists quite often and get some of that stuff done.  I like to be able to check things off.  This time I did the reverse and made a list AFTER the activities and things were done.  I was pretty amazed when I actually saw what I was able to accomplish.  I bet you have some similar lists - we are all blessed with pretty amazing abilities and strength!  Here is what I did in about 7 weeks:

Church: 3 sharing times (teaching time for kids - spiritual lesson)
             1 singing time (teaching songs)
             birthday gifts for kids and teachers
             Mother's Day craft pictures and surveys
             scripture study group leader substitute for 1 week
             on-line training for cub scouts
             temple visit
             visiting teaching
             Jared's faith in God requirements

Cub Scouts:  plan and lead cooking activity for the Bears
                   Bear cookbooks x 6
                   Carnival invites
                   Leader awards (and activity for the Bears to make those awards)
                   Jared's bear requirements; plant a garden, hike, service project, shop for and cook meals, BBQ for the Bears

Pre-school: weekly crafts
                  end of year scrapbooks x 5
                  Mom's gifts
                  Party

School:  Kindergarten evaluation and registration
             Letter to superintendent
             School district appointment
             School forms to junior high
             Ben Franklin costume
             teacher appreciation gifts
             pictures of Nathan from K-6
             end of year teacher gifts

Appointments:  immunizations for the dog
                         dentist for all
                         Jared - orthodontist x 2
                         Nathan and Weston - school immunizations
                         dermatologist (me)
                         opthamalogist (me)
                         eye doctor (me)
                         wisdom tooth out (me)
                         ear infections - Weston and Savannah
                         pink eye - Weston and Savannah
                         sore throat - Nathan
                         oral surgery (Alex) - glad it wasn't me, but I had to deal with his misery and pain...

Home:  Cleaned house entirely 6 times
            staged pictures for home rental
            ordered new towels and bed linens, etc
            new windows throughout the house
            painted window trims
            painted guest bathroom
            ordered and put together new kitchen table
            ordered new printer
            cleaned out freezer, fridge, junk room, and Lego room
            organized kitchen
            de-cluttered - listed and sold several items (made over $300!)
            de-junked back yard, filled in holes
            cleaned outdoor table and chairs
            never-ending laundry and daily chores

Sign-ups:  Swimming lessons, Safety Town, Scout camp, kids bowl free

Special occasions:  Jared's birthday - presents, cake, meals
                             Weston's birthday - presents, party plans and supplies
                              Alison - baby gift
                             Co-host baby shower - invites, group gift, diaper cake, dessert
                             Memorial Day plans - meals and outings
                             Mother's Day picture collages

Vacation:  Arrangements for the dog
                bath for the dog
                clean out suburban
                extra key for suburban
                reservations for 32 day trip
                plan activities
                print out maps and directions (yes, I still do this!)
                gather items/clothes
                pack
                mail arrangement
                food/snacks - make banana bread
                house clean/trash out/fridge empty
                clean out school lunchboxes
                PASSPORTS x 6!

outings and activities:  Rockin' Kids, drive-in movie, hike x 2
                                   pack meeting
                                   Just Serve trash clean-up
                                    weekly scouts
                                   scout camporee
                                   Father & Son's / Girl's Night
                                   birthday party
                                   1st grade play
                                   School Open House
                                   Primary presidency meetings
                                   Relief Society service activity
                                   Bear BBQ
                                   Baby shower x 2
                                   Cub scout carnival
                                   temple youth baptisms
                                   school talent show
                                   6th grade party
                                   6th grade graduation
                                   geology picnic

Misc:  haircuts for all
           order checks
           sew PJ's
           new cell phones
           ran 10 miles on average per week
           meeting the physical and spiritual needs of a family of 7  :)

AND Alex was gone 3 weekends (F/Sat) out of these 7 weeks!

And then this summer... we took a 32 day vacation, and immediately jumped into scout camp, more appointments, swimming lessons, baby-sitting, and church responsibilities.    

I would say I have been pretty BUSY!  That's why I have not blogged since April.  I have 2 weeks left of summer - probably the calm before the storm.  Or maybe then I can finally rest??  :)

 

2 comments:

Debora said...

WOW!!! That's all I have to say- lol. You are amazing :)

Sharon said...

You must be exhausted! Just reading through that list made me tired! :)