Sunday, August 14, 2016

Ready for junior high!

We were asked to provide some pictures of our 6th graders from their K-6 years.  I had fun looking back through Nathan's elementary years.  Middle school starts in 7th grade, so Nathan is officially done with elementary and ready for junior high.  





Nathan is an excellent student - he has excelled in many areas.  He recently got his test scores back and scored nearly as high as possible in every area.  I knew he was good at math, but I didn't realize his reading and comprehension are equally as strong.  We are really proud of him!


He still wants to be a pro athlete when he grows up - we better get working on that... 


Here are some of Nathan's friends.  Nathan is an outgoing and well-liked guy, but not one of the "cool" kids.  He said he wasn't in the cool crowd - I actually like his status!  He has a few good friends, but I am guessing he might be more likely to stay out of trouble later on when peer pressure is stronger.


The 6th graders sang 2 songs for graduation - "Best Day of my Life" (by American Authors) and "Count on Me" (by Bruno Mars).  I held it together while they were singing at graduation, but I did get a little emotional the first time I heard Nathan practicing at home.  He's growing up!




Each of the students shared one of their favorite memories during graduation.  Nathan shared the time when he was an astronaut for the wax museum.  We made his costume out of trash bags, so he will always remember being a trash bag astronaut!

1 comment:

Debora said...

Love, love, the red bandana pic :) Well done Nathan on all accounts.