Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Owen's Patriarchal Blessing

We had a special day right before school started, with Owen receiving his Patriarchal Blessing.  Jared got to attend with us, and it was a spiritual experience for all of us.  Some amazing things were mentioned, with several gifts, such as the gift of persuasion.  One thing that stood out to me was the realization of sentinels watching over us.  I had the thought that some of those might be the babies we lost prior to Nathan, my stillborn sister Arika, or Uncle Jim.  We know that spirits are at work on the other side of the veil, even though we can't see them.  I also realized that eventually Alex and I or other living family members will be those supporters on the other side (although hopefully not any time soon).  The Spirit was really strong.  One thing that I've noticed in all of these blessings is the amazing potential spoken of, to be destined for glory and greatness, and also great responsibilities.  

We saw a beautiful double rainbow later that evening.  It was a reminder that God always keeps his promises!


 

No comments: