Thursday, January 31, 2008

Nathan's second 4th birthday party

Nathan was a lucky boy this year. He got to have 2 parties for his birthday- one in Australia and one here at home. The theme was the same- Thomas the tank engine, of course. You might notice that we re-used the tablecloth and candle from his party in Australia.

We had a lot of fun. There were 9 toddlers (including Nathan & Jared) plus 3 infants.

This was my attempt at making a train cake. I ran out of time- I like to call it "shabby chic." The kids loved it though. They each got to make their own, from mini loaf pans, decorating them with sprinkles, marshmallows, and candy.





I used tape on the floor, much to Alex's dismay, for train tracks.


The bunch (minus Jared)- Nathan has the hat on!

The bunch, with wiggly Jared on the end

Nathan's best friend Garett gave him a

homemade Thomas pillow. He loves it.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Happy Birthday Nathan!
Annie, I love your shabby-chic cake!

Jessica said...

Looks like a fun party! I love the train tracks and the individual cakes - what cute ideas. Isn't it hard to believe that you have a 4 year old?! Happy belated Birthday Nathan!