Sunday, November 16, 2008

4-year old thoughts


Nathan has been saying funny things; just means he's thinking alot.
Today Nathan said, "Mama, if you eat a toy, the baby will have a toy to play with in your tummy."


We were driving past a construction area near Alex's work and Nathan asked when they would be done. I said, "I don't know." That wasn't good enough for him. He kept asking, and I kept giving him the same answer. Then he asked if da-da would know. I said, "Probably not." And Nathan said, "But he'll figure it out, or maybe one of his students will know." He must think da-da and his students are pretty smart (they are).


When we were playing trains this week, I was trying to help Nathan build a train track. I'm not very good at it (and Nathan knows it). Alex is so much better at building great tracks. Anyway, while in the process, Nathan said, "Mama, you're almost good at this!" Ouch! I couldn't help laughing...



7 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

How funny! I love silly thoughts, but despite the silliness, it is so obvious their little cogs are turning and they're figuring life out. Gotta love it!

Unknown said...

Haha, and I'm almost good at blogging

Coty said...

I hear ya! Leif just asked me the other day if "baby rhoane smacked the floor" when he popped out of my "belly-button.." i laughed endlessly.
Kids are so funny!

Unknown said...

Haha..thats so funny. I can totally picture Nathan saying that-he's a thinker allright :-)

Unknown said...

So what kind of toy did you eat then?

Carrie said...

Can't wait for Nicholas to say things like that!

whitney said...

Nathan's such a smart little cookie. I love the toy comment. I mean-food goes to your tummy and the baby is in your tummy, right? So it'd only make sense that if you swallow something, it'd make it's way to the baby...obviously.