Wednesday, November 12, 2008

pregnancy update

For those following my recent pregnancy drama, my platelets are back up to 97. They went down to 77, but they're back up. I still have about 5 weeks left. I thought I might have to go in early, like at 37 weeks, but at this point, I'm still on for December 16th. The reason is that below 100, you generally can't get an epidural or spinal block, so I'm already looking at general anethesia. That's not as safe for the baby, but it is better that he can stay "in the oven" longer. If my platelet count hovers around 100, I might be able to be awake for the birth. We'll see...but at this point, we're still looking at the 16th. They won't intervene with steroids or anything unless my platelets get below about 20. Anyway, that's the status.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I wish you well. Glad to hear your platelets are up. I hope you get to be awake!!!

Unknown said...

Good news!

Dirk and Trish said...

Thanks for the update. Hope your platelets "stick" or something so they can stay in the higher range.

Coty said...

ooo I hope you get to be awake too!!! If not though, it's not the first baby...harsh but true.
May all continue to go well.

Alabama Apples said...

Good to know! I was thinking about you the other day. It would be so nice for you to be awake!!

Anonymous said...

What good news! Here's to you being awake!
I couldn't believe that you had this rare disease during pregnancy. I actually had it when I was eleven. I was able to get over it through corticosterioids. I hope things continue to go as well as possible!