Sunday, January 18, 2009

don't do that!

I had to do a quick post on some of the words that I heard today. Are these common phrases in your house?

"Don't throw that knife at your brother!"

"Don't put that around his neck!"

"You're going to start a fire!"

"Don't drink that. You'll get sick!"

Wow. It must have been quite a day...

The first 3 were said by Alex as he was talking on the phone with his family. What must they have thought? Ahhh...boys!

It wasn't that bad. The knife was a wooden one that goes with a play food set, the next was a ribbon, the next was the boys putting tissues over the light bulb (trying to make shadows on the wall), and the last was a cup of milk from yesterday.

And one other funny thing I just heard:

"Tomorrow is a holiday. Sleep in."

Ha-ha. Wishful thinking.

12 comments:

Mike said...

hahaha! I understand completely and we just have one doing crazy things rather than several trying things on each other!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chempianos said...

Sounds like a normal family to me! When you think about it, it's really quite amazing that kids ever make it to adulthood, given what they have to go through to get there. Looks like you've got a great family. You might want to check my blog at chempianos.blogspot.com

hollase said...

I love it!!!! Your kiddos are too cute!

Mamapierce said...

Hilarious! :o) I love it how when the house is chaotic and then you answer the phone in a sweet sing-songy way...so funny.

Micah and Alison said...

am i supposed to look forward to that? haha :)

Anonymous said...

How funny...and so familiar!! Like a previous comment, I have often thought that it is amazing that we even grow up to adulthood. I think that kids are bent on killing themselves and I run around all day trying to stop them. It looks like you are doing great at keeping them alive. :)

Melissa said...

I love it! I love it! And I can relate being a mother of boys. I saw a thing once- I think it was an e-mail- of how you know you are a mother of boys. One of my favorites was - can't seem to find your boys? Call your best friend and they will come running! It is so true- it is always on the phone- and you start yelling "no no" to them. I love it. Cute.

Coty said...

annie annie annie, it's too familiar...
isn't it tragic. and lovely. and eternal.
...ETERNAL!!! --whoa, am i cut out for this?

Alabama Apples said...

Heehee! I hear you! It is quite crazy some of the things that come out of our mouths. Any outsider looking in would wonder what in the world is going on--Especially in a house full of boys!!

Amber said...

That sounds similar to every day sayings at our house! Seems like the most repeated phrase at our house is "Don't hurt your sister!"

whitney said...

LOL! Only a mommy could totally relate (well, I guess daddy's could too;).