Saturday, January 10, 2009

I can do 5!



Nathan turned 5 yesterday - we had a party today. There were 10 kids here including Nathan and Jared. This is the front of the invitation. The theme was apples, with inspiration from the book "Ten Apples Up on Top" by Dr. Seuss. (Nathan loves apples - I had everyone bring an apple instead of a card.)


Nathan got a nerf gun - it turned out to be a big hit ;) especially with Alex.











The kids each had a "hat" to wear with 5 apples on it.












cupcakes that are supposed to look like apples







We played hot potato with an apple. (Jared was excited when the music stopped and he had the apple. "I got it!") We also played sort the apples, using green, red, and yellow apples - who could sort them the fastest, and we set up a cardboard ramp to have apple races.

















His new favorite seems to be Transformers.








We gave him a bike.







the gift favors - construction paper apples sewn with thread around the edges, filled with gummy worms and apple flavored candy






19 comments:

Mamapierce said...

What a great party! I love your apple theme. You're so creative, Annie. :o) Happy Birthday Nathan!

Dirk and Trish said...

So cute! Love the way you tied everything together. I'm in the midst of trying to come up w/ a theme for L's b-day, so hopefully I can be as creative.

Jennifer said...

Wow! I know who to call when I need a birthday party planned in February when Isaiah turns 6. Very cute.

WhiteEyebrows said...

Life is good when you're five!

Pam said...

What a cute idea!
Wow! Nathan is five.

Coty said...

What a great Mom. I love your apple theme; way to be creative, Annie.
I mean, you have a newborn and everything...HUGE pat on the back!!!

alanna said...

Ahh...cute theme for a party. I love the cup cakes. They look really great!
I just discovered your blog after you commented on mine and I love reading about your boys!
Oh, and your sister, Audrey, is one of my favorite people on the planet. Seriously, when we thought our first born was a girl...her name was going to be Audrey! :)

Micah and Alison said...

Wow! Nice work.

Debora said...

Ditto- to everything! love mom

whitney said...

SUCH a cute party! I'm so impressed. Loved the theme. Look at you go, brand new mommy of 3, so on top of things!

Melissa said...

You're super mom! What a fantastic party and you did it all with a newborn! It looks like great fun was had by all.

Dina said...

That's way cute! Great idea....looks like a lot of fun too!

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh Annie! You are SO creative! What a great idea for a party! I feel like looser mom because I haven't even heard of the book. But what a great day it looks like you had. And you did it all with a newborn. Truly wonder woman!

Alabama Apples said...

Seriously...you are amazing. I love the theme and everything! Fabulous Idea!!!!!

And happy birthday, Nathan!

Krista said...

You are so creative! I look on the internet for ideas like that! I loved all of your ideas and Happy Birthday to Nathan!

Unknown said...

Annie! Cute party. By the way, I finally got over to the Sam Moon yesterday and got that fish aquarium for Jared. I know it's not his bday till May but thought I'd go ahead and send his bday gift with Nathan's....
Anyway, look for it in the mail soon.

Tiffany said...

You are amazing Annie!

Jess said...

I love it! you are so creative!

Melissa said...

You should be a professional party planner. ALL your parties are so creative. I remember that when we were in Primary too!