Sunday, March 29, 2009

Grand Canyon

I wanted to give Audrey and Sam their "blog moment", so I hadn't posted the rest of our trip to Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico. We stayed with Alex's parents in NM for a few days, and then spent a couple of days seeing the Grand Canyon and Zion National Park on the way to the wedding. The Grand Canyon was, well... grand, but it was nerve racking with little kids that wanted to run around. Many of the places along the edge are just that- the edge, with no railing. And Jared had a hard time with the hand-holding thing. They had fun climbing across the rocks and you'll notice that "Raffe" had to come to. That little stuffed giraffe has been to several places now, including Australia and the Grand Canyon...





















3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pics. Raffe has probably seen more of the world than I have! :-)

Pam said...

I do pretty well with heights until my kids are involved, then my legs turn to jello. Just seeing the pics with you and your kids sitting on the edge literally gave me that physical feeling. I'm a mess! ;-)
Looks like a great trip. Raffe must be a big traveler like Flat Stanley or Seminary Sam!

hollase said...

The Grand Canyon scares me and I don't have small children. You are brave! I hate heights. Marble Canyon in the next post....lets just say that between that dang canyon and the "Royal Gorge" I don't even like getting close to the railing on the second floor of the mall.

Your trip looks incredible! Help me talk my husband into a drive to visit so many wonderful places!!! Or better yet, just take me with you next time. An extra pediatric nurse could always come in handy with 3 kiddos:)