Sunday, March 29, 2009

Tent Rocks

While in NM, we went on a hike to "Tent Rocks," named for its tent-shaped rocks. (Alex could tell you how they formed.) It was a beautiful day and we took lots of pics. The boys loved playing in the roots of a tree and climbing through the rocks in the slot canyon. Nathan hiked the whole way - 3.3 miles, and Jared hiked about 2 miles of it. Owen liked riding in the carrier, and I actually really enjoyed the hike - one of my favorites.
























































4 comments:

hollase said...

Your family is too cute! Owen seriously looks like he poses for the camera in some of your pics! The brothers holding hands---I love pictures like that.

Oh, and I'm envious of your trip. Out of the "48" states, NM might just be my favorite! What a fun trip!

WhiteEyebrows said...

I have to give Alex props. When he started talking about the rock formations around St George, it was the first time I've felt genuinely stupid for a long time. :) It just took me a while to remember my geologic eras... pre-triassic... blah blah blah

Unknown said...

well well...glad that someone could put WE in his place =)

seriously though, I love these pics. those rocks looks so cool and it looks like a fun hike.

Krista said...

Wow! How great that you got to go there! You're family really is very cute and you look beautiful.