Monday, June 22, 2009

Business Vacation

Alex had a conference in Colorado for work, so we took the opportunity to combine a vacation with his business trip. We drove. I hate the getting there part, but love the being there part, so it's worth it. This will be out of order, but here's some pics and such from our trip.


My aunt and uncle were kind enough to let us crash at their place while Alex went to his conference in Denver and after the Rockies game. We had alot of fun with them and appreciate them entertaining us. We went to the zoo, the park, played tennis, and watched cartoons. Braden gets a big thanks for keeping the boys busy. We also went out to eat at Sweet Tomatoes and went to the Denver temple with Gary & Quin. (One interesting thing about going to the temple - on the way out I ran into a couple of people I knew 20-some years ago when we lived in Aurora. We saw Sharon Jones and Andrea Funk. The Jones were our next door neighbors!). That was cool to see them, but it was also neat to go back to the temple that Alex and I were married in. Unfortunately we didn't have a camera with us then, so no pics of that. Here's some zoo pics (the big elephant is fake!) :




































Quin's mom hooked us up with some free tickets to a Rockies game. They beat the Mariners 5 to 3 - a good game. Jared enjoyed the popcorn and ice cream, while Nathan watched closely for fly balls. We had 2 land just behind us.

























We spent a couple of days at Grandpa Bob's "ranch" - one of my favorite places in the whole world to be. We didn't get to stay long, but just long enough to get my fix. We always enjoy the lake, canoeing and paddle boating. The boys hit the golf ball around for a little bit on my grandpa's homemade golf course (it was a little wet, but the boys didn't mind). We also had to play some Yahtzee games, watch TV, eat good food, and just hang out. Owen liked watching the hummingbirds, and we also were entertained by a moose! They have a few moose that come around, although we didn't get too close. Watching through the window was good enough for me. We had a nice little visit. (Thanks for letting us visit Grandpa Bob - we know it was probably a bit overwhelming).




























































2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

What a fun trip!!! I love summer vacations.

Debora said...

I love the elephant picture. You might need to send that to me in an email. Looking at the ranch makes me want to go there this summer- Ron and I might have to talk about that.