Tuesday, September 29, 2009

For Mom


You know, we really have it all wrong on these birthday things. The day should really be in honor of the moms - it was their birth-ing day. I don't remember a thing about that day (well, my mom would claim she doesn't either - it was 30+ years ago...), but she was the one who sacrificed personal comforts for 9 months and went through the pains of labor and delivery. We should be sending gifts and cards to our moms. It should be their special day and obviously the more kids you have, the more birthdays you have! :) That's just one benefit of a big family. So anyway, here's to mom in honor of one of HER special days. Thanks mom (and dad)! I wouldn't be here without you! Thanks for all that you have sacrificed and done for me.


13 comments:

WhiteEyebrows said...

I second this.

Emma said...

Birthday Annie! And good job Annie's mom!

The Purtle's said...

wow, I never realized how much you and your mom look alike until that pic!!!

Happy b-day to YOU too....a very special girl!!! But, you're right, we should also celebrate our moms!!!!

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Annie! We hope you have a wonderful day!!v

Pam said...

What a good idea!

Burt Family said...

Happy Birthday! I wish I would have known it was your special day when I saw you earlier today. Hope you had a great day!!

Micah and Alison said...

HaPpY hApPy BdAy!!!

Debora said...

All is fair in love and blogging!
I almost used that same picture of you on mine :)Leave it to Alison and Micah to come up with some cute lettering :) Oh...and thanks Annie- but I really don't remember a thing :)LOL

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tribute!

whitney said...

Happy Birthday, Annie!

Happy Birthing Day to your mom too. It's true too, birthdays are a very special day as mothers too.

Anonymous said...

I sooo agree with you!! It is a sacrifice for mom's...and they should be celebrated on their children's birthdays!!
Nonetheless, happy, happy birthday!! You are such a special person and I hope you had a fantastic day!! :)
btw...i loved the pics, very fun!!

Coty said...

Slap-happy Birthday Annie!

Mamapierce said...

Wow, you look SO much like your mom! Happy Birthday!